🚨 STUNNING UPDATE: Emmanuel Haro’s Father Drops a BOMB in Exclusive Interview! 😱 He REJECTS all accusations linking him to a dark past, but a mysterious 3rd witness just surfaced, flipping this case in 48 hours! 🕵️‍♂️ Uncover the electrifying twist gripping millions! 👇

0
7

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) — As the investigation into the presumed death of baby Emmanuel Haro continues, his father, who's been charged with murder, is speaking out from jail, saying his son was not a victim of long-term abuse.

In a new interview conducted by a reporter with the Southern California News Group, Jake Haro denied the claims made by San Bernardino and Riverside county officials that baby Emmanuel had been abused over a period of time by his parents and that the baby eventually succumbed to those injuries.

In the jailhouse interview, Jake would not say what part – if any – he played in his son's disappearance, only saying he's been completely cooperative with investigators. He acknowledged the public's outrage, saying, “God is with us. The allegations are horrendous, so of course people are going to be riled up.”

The boy's father also talked about a case from two years ago in which he pleaded guilty to child abuse regarding one of his children with his ex-wife. That child – a young girl – was also an infant. Authorities said the girl had been left bed-ridden.

Jake told the Southern California News Group reporter that he pleaded guilty in the case because he couldn't afford to go to trial.

Jake did not go to prison and was given a 4-year probation sentence and 180 days of community service.

“The judge decided Mr. Haro deserved an extra break and gave him probation, and basically 180 days of work-release, which ends up being like community service,” said Riverside County District Attorney Mike Hestrin during a news conference on Wednesday, calling the judge's decision an “outrageous error in judgement.”

Riverside County District Attorney Mike Hestrin spoke about a case from two years ago in which Jake Haro pleaded guilty to child abuse regarding one of his other children.

“If that judge had done his job as he should have done, Emmanuel would be alive today,” the district attorney said.

What's happening now in the Emmanuel Haro investigation?

Authorities have not recovered the 7-month-old's body, but Hestrin said they have a “strong indication” of where his remains are located.

Jake and the boy's mother, Rebecca Haro, appeared in court on Tuesday for less than five minutes, with a $1 million bail set for both.

They were arrested at their Cabazon home last week.

The mother and father of 7-month-old Emmanuel Haro, who is presumed dead, have both been charged with murder.

Moses Castillo, a private investigator and retired LAPD detective, said without Emmanuel's body, prosecutors may face challenges.

“One of the charges I hope they consider adding is child abuse causing death,” he said. “The reason it is so important to have that charge is that without a body, you are not going to get a true cause of death or manner of death.”

The parents' arraignment will continue on Sept. 4. They are also charged with making a false police report.

Rebecca is currently being held at the Robert Presley Detention Center, while Jake is being held at the Larry D. Smith Correctional Facility, according to jail records.