THE SURVIVING VICTIM HAS FINALLY SPOKEN: After regaining consciousness following the Victoria pickup truck crash, young Deondre Hayes reportedly described Connroy Clark’s final moments

The fatal crash that killed 14-year-old Connroy Clark in regional Victoria has left one family grieving, two teenagers fighting for life, and police trying to piece together what happened in the final moments before the stolen pickup left the road.

Now, attention has turned to one of the surviving boys: Deondre Hayes.

A claim circulating online says Hayes has regained consciousness and begun recounting the final moments before the crash — details allegedly not captured on camera. Authorities have not confirmed that account, and no official statement has been released saying Hayes has given investigators a full version of what happened inside the vehicle.

But if he is able to speak, his testimony could become one of the most important pieces of the investigation.

According to 7NEWS, Connroy Clark, 14, was killed after a stolen Toyota Hilux crashed on the Calder Highway in regional Victoria. Inside the vehicle were Connroy, his 18-year-old cousin Dougie Sullivan, and 14-year-old Deondre Hayes. Police allege the Hilux had been stolen from a hotel in Mildura late Friday night and was later involved in a fuel drive-off before the crash.

The crash has devastated Connroy’s family. His mother, Chereeta Wightman, spoke publicly after his death, saying she wanted her son’s death to serve as a warning to other young people at risk of being drawn into crime. She also said the boys had difficult backgrounds and that her family had tried hard to keep Connroy “on a straight and narrow.”

For investigators, the surviving passengers may help answer questions that cameras and crash debris cannot.

Who was driving?

What was said inside the Hilux before the crash?

Did the boys realize police or others were looking for the vehicle?

Was anyone trying to stop the driver?

And did Connroy say or do anything in the final seconds before impact?

Those questions are especially sensitive because the case involves minors, a stolen vehicle, grieving relatives, and surviving teenagers who may still be medically fragile. Any claim about a “trembling” bedside confession should be treated carefully unless confirmed by police, family, or hospital-approved statements.

Still, the public reaction has been intense because the known timeline already raises troubling concerns. Police allege the vehicle was stolen around 11:30 p.m. Friday and was involved in a fuel drive-off around 6:30 a.m. Saturday before the fatal crash. That means investigators are examining not only the collision itself, but also the hours that led up to it.

For Connroy’s family, the tragedy is not only about a stolen pickup.

It is about how quickly a reckless night became irreversible.

One boy is dead.

Two others remain central to a police investigation and a family’s search for answers.

If Deondre Hayes is able to describe what happened inside the Hilux, his words may help clarify the final minutes that no camera recorded. But until that account is officially confirmed, the only verified conclusion is painfully clear: Connroy Clark entered that vehicle alive, and he never came home.


Bình luận

Để lại một bình luận

Email của bạn sẽ không được hiển thị công khai. Các trường bắt buộc được đánh dấu *